CommPost

Monday, December 17, 2007

WEEKEND OF SNOW

It started out with a lovely Friday of drinks with colleagues, wings with Adam and the Golden Compass (movie) with Liz. In fact I would heartily recommend the Golden Compass to all. I don't think there was one thing I didn't like about movie. Now having said that I admittedly have not read the books, which I plan to do shortly. My opinion of the movie might change but certainly watching it cold was just a fantastic experience.

Saturday, I went skiing for the first time. While I didn't do as well as some Liz has taught, I did better than most. Still ended up falling over most of the way down the hill but I did enjoy it a lot more than indoor rock climbing. I think the trick next time will be to make sure I get technique down on a bunny hill before the wife throws you down a mid-level hill. Then again, I'm sure having done the mid-level hill getting the real hang of a bunny hill will be a helluva lot easier.

Sunday, and the storm did come, and the heaven's did empty themselves of voluminous quantities of snow. My driveway and front path now look like the tunnels on Hoth. Also spent most of the day watching movies and and reading my magazines. You know, even though I know 'the Day After Tomorrow' is pulp watching it with a major snow storm out the window makes me look at the film in a whole new light.

Sunday evening it was homemade meatloaf and xmas movies.

Cheers,

P

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home