CommPost

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A WEEK OF VACATION THIS WEEKEND!

So Liz and I drove in to Montreal to attend the graduation lunch for my Counsin Angela. She has just graduated from teacher's college. Our initial plan was to stay in montreal for a night or two and just relax and enjoy the best city in Canada. However, it was grand prix weekend and well... the hotel rooms that were left were all at least $400 (or they rented by the hour).

So we changed our plans. After my counsin's lunch we kept on going until we got to Quebec City. As this was also liz's birthday weekend I had made arrangements for a hotel in QC.

Seriously, this has to have been one of the most relaxing 1.5 days and one night of my life. We wandered around the old city (upper and lower), explored numerous art galleries, ate well, bought chocolates, visited and walked around the Montmorency falls and finished up on ile D'Orleans where we purchased home made cider and other cider beveragesa and had supper on a terrase which was also the backyard which overlooked the rolling laurentians and the St. Lawrence river.

Drove home but didn't really want to leave.

Fabulous weekend!

Cheers,

P

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like a fab weekend Pat! Glad you had a good time, and got to relax and stuff :)

    I got my uni results, I got a 2:2! WHOOT! I can put BA (Hons) after my name now :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:11 AM  

  • Thanks!

    Its too bad you don't use the xanga site much anymore. I can leave comments on the myspace account :(

    Anyway congrats on the 2:2. You know even though i spent a year there I still have trouble tranlating your marking system into something I understond lol.

    I think a 2:2 is somethingl like a 75% right?

    Cheers,

    P

    By Blogger Patrick, at 6:55 AM  

  • I don't know what percentage a 2:2 is... I think its like a C, so probably somewhere between 65 and 75%.

    Xanga just takes ages to load, I don't know why. It freezes when I type as well. The majority of my friends are on MySpace, and if you subscribe to a persons blog, you get a notification when they update, saves checking them every day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home