CommPost

Monday, July 10, 2006

JAZZ CHATS 2006

Another year another Montreal Jazz fest http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/

While I did enjoy the music much like last year the 'hit' of the day for me was the blues act at the labatt blue 'soiree blues' stage. The other acts were ok but did not have a sound that really pummelled the senses.

Ok I'll roll it back a bit. First off liz and I went into MTL friday night and stayed at my aunts place. While my aunts place is about 30 minutes outside of the city it is in the country, has a pool and always well stocked with food and good hospitality.

Saturday morning after some confusion we met Schleggy and Brooke. It was good to see that Adam's leg had recovered enough to let him drive and walk around. We caught a bit of some noon hour jazz and then finally decided to go to the Planet_Arium. On the way we ran into the Montreal Caribana parade.

Planet_Arium was good although later in the day Liz found out that the museum of contemporary art http://www.macm.org/fr/index.html is hosting an exhibit of one of her favourite artists "brian jugen" http://www.nativeonline.com/brian.htm. This of course means we'll have to go back. Back to montreal, in the summer... aw schucks. For the record I also think this guy is kind of neat. His lawn chair 'sculptures'? are really impressive.

We ate at Mesa14 a trendy mexican place with some of the best mex food i've had in Canada. Then it was back to the jazz fest for some afro-jazz, then the blues. Which rawked! Riot and his rithum devils stole the show at the blues stage. I'd definately see these guys again. Liz and I then wandered around sampling some of the other shows and taking in an amateur acrobatics act. Then bought some CDs and I got a shirt.

It was back to my aunts place and then Ottawa yesterday. The only crappy part about going to montreal is the part where you have to leave!

Cheers,

P

2 Comments:

  • *sigh* Manzos Subs, Central Pizza, real Poutine, *drool* smoked meat, bagels..

    I'm not so sure it would be a good idea for me to go back to Montreal. I'd have a heart attack after the first day ;)

    Jay

    By Blogger Jason Billingham, at 11:35 AM  

  • Ah yes... unfortunately i did not have time for a manzo sub, a real poutine or pizza or bagels. All things worth having and all things I missed this time around.

    Maybe we can go in at some point in the future and load our arteries up together!

    Cheers,

    P

    By Blogger Patrick, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home