CommPost

Thursday, March 22, 2007

SETTLED

So I've finally gotten everything I was able to squeeze out of BA (except of course an explanation for the exploded luggage). A modest financial compensation and a frugal but adequate donation of air miles.

So even though it took 4 months, at least I didn't get nothing.

On other fronts work is pissing me off to no end. The work itself is fine. But our managers are completely unable to help me in getting me on with real status. The competition has been run but they've put in conditions they probably shouldn't have making it harder for me to get. HR and the PSC have also put in so many conditions that even keeping me on on contrct is pretty much impossible now.

So if anyone knows of a job oppening please let me know. I love the work I do but i've had it with how this so called 'employer of choice' is run and i'm open to new jobs and a real career where I have benefits and can get business cards.

Cheers,

P

10 Comments:

  • Okay, I'll keep an eye out... ummm, but what do you want to do? All I know is that you are a government enviro-type-guy.

    By Blogger bitz, at 1:42 PM  

  • I can pass you my cv if you'd like.

    Cheers,

    P

    By Blogger Patrick, at 1:44 PM  

  • If Bitz gets one, can I have one too please? I know I'm useless and have no connections in the real world, but I do want to stick up for you if I can.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 AM  

  • I'll keep an eye out too. Forward me your updated cv.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:25 AM  

  • If you want to live in the "City paved with Gold," feel free to send it my way

    By Blogger Kirk Schmidt, at 8:35 AM  

  • If you want to live in the "City paved with Gold," feel free to send it my way

    By Blogger Kirk Schmidt, at 8:38 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Jason Billingham, at 12:45 PM  

  • Go to www.mapleleafcareers.com, if you see something you like, let me know. This site lists all positions, not just I.T.

    Also, send me a copy of your CV as well. Although in the unmentionable city, we call it a resume.

    Jay

    By Blogger Jason Billingham, at 12:50 PM  

  • I don't suppose you're interested in jobs outside Canada, but if you are, I might be able to help. For obvious reasons, I'll be looking at a lot of vacancy announcements in the next several months. Feel free to pass your CV my way if you want.

    Sorry to hear about the bureaucratic f**kup over there. That, as you may recall, was one of the reasons why I went nuts and set off on the adventures of the past few years. I got the folks at the State Department office where I worked at least semi-interested in hiring me permanently, but they "accidentally" submitted a vacancy announcement that made it impossible for me to be shortlisted even if I were their first choice. As you know, that whole train wreck proved to be a blessing in disguise for me...here's hoping it'll be that way for you too!

    By Blogger Dave, at 12:56 PM  

  • Thanks Dave,

    Will do. I'll send you something on Monday. I didn't want to ask mainly since you're involved in your own jorb hunting but its much appreciated. I hope it all works out. But as I'm sure everyone of this generation knows, its always good to have options!

    CHeers,

    P

    By Blogger Patrick, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home