CommPost

Monday, December 11, 2006

a very MERRY pat and liz CHRISTMAS...

So since Liz and I are still going back to see family this christmas we do what we always do and have christmas with each other before we leave. Since we both have terrible self control when it comes to keeping gifts secret and wanting to see gifts, we decided to hold christmas after we bought and put up our tree.

So for the first time in ages we bought a real christmas tree. $45 from a local lot who cut and pruned the tree to our specifications. After a small adventure involving a tree stand that was far too small for the girth of our tree and replacing it we erected the Fir and promptly decorated it. It was then time for the gifts.

I thought last year's gift was good (an easle/amateur art set) but this year was perfect. A trench coat (which I've needed since losing the other one at some point between coming back from england 2.5 years ago and now) and a pair of leather gloves. I also got some cool stocking stuff like meat bandages and chocolates.

I think Liz liked her gifts too. A bronze and pearl necklace (made to look like cranberries and leaves [trust me its nice and I hate pearls]) and a baby elephant from the David Sheldrick centre in Kenya (http://www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/). I would encourage anyone interested to adopt an orphaned elephant. I've been to the site and they really take good care of these (not so) little guys.

All for now.

Cheers,

P

5 Comments:

  • Merry Christmas, Liz and Pat!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:28 PM  

  • Merry christmas tom!

    By Blogger Patrick, at 6:21 AM  

  • Merry P-Lizmas!

    (Hey I didnt get much sleep last night...)

    By Blogger Falco, at 9:40 PM  

  • Was it the chili or another flight attendant?

    Cheers,

    P

    By Blogger Patrick, at 8:38 AM  

  • Haha, no more stewardesses for me, though I met a bunch on my flight back from the UK. Am living a steady salarymen's life at the moment. I did however bring some morello cherry+chilli+chocolate mousse bitter chocolate back from Germany, which I had enjoyed recently (still have half a fridge of chocolate left - as you may remember, I filled a new Rimowa suitcase full of chocolate when I left...).

    Btw., I booked my flight. :-) I am flying into Ottawa from Vancouver on 16th, so are you ready for either the 16th night or the 17th during the day, to allow you some time to recover for the 18th? (I know it's tight, but I couldnt get anything earlier)

    Cheers,

    Falco

    By Blogger Falco, at 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home