CommPost

Thursday, November 02, 2006

OFF TO KENYA

Yes you heard me. I'm going to Toronto tonight and Kenya tomorrow for two weeks.

I expect you'll hear about this meeting in the press if only a little over the next two weeks. Also the 'Ministry of War and Spin' (a former employer of mine) is in fine fine form, I honestly did not think it was possible to be even more paranoid and obnoxious than they were at the meetings in May... oh how wrong I was. Seriously where do they find these people.

Oh and a funny story liz told me yesterday.

Liz: sitting at a computer at school
Crazy girl: HI! *(in uber chipper fashion)
Liz: ...hello...
Crazy girl: HI! HOW AER YOU!!!! (in uber chipper fasion)
Liz: can I _help_you?
Crazy girl: Would you like to go to church with me some time?
Liz: Not with you....
Crazy girl: blank stare
Liz: Oh im' sorry were you asking me out on a date? (in a semi interested way)
Crazy girl: OH! no! ... and skitters away.
Liz: smiles.

Bloody brillant. This among many other reasons is why I love her.

Cheers,

P

PS Liz as I have a habit of not retelling your stories exactly 100% accurately please correct any errors in the telling of this one if you happy by some miracle to be reading the blog.

9 Comments:

  • *that* was awesome. Liz, you rock.

    By the way, I booked my flight for January. January 27th, right? (just kidding, I know it's the 20th)...

    MC Schmidt will be IN DA HOUSE!

    By Blogger Kirk Schmidt, at 8:51 AM  

  • That Minister of War and Lies you're talking about...I have to drive her around Toronto tomorrow (Nov. 3).

    I tried to get out of it, but no manager or director wanted to do it, so it is left up to me.

    I'm sure I'll have some stories to tell of my own.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 PM  

  • Leaves one to wonder just what Liz will get up to while Pat's away...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:28 PM  

  • Hi Pat,

    That's pretty awesome -- both Liz's story and your trip to Kenya. I'm very envious of the Kenya trip, though at this particular moment in time I'm glad to not be travelling and just be at home.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:30 AM  

  • Kenya... sweet!
    reminds me of...

    http://omgwtf.superlime.com/kenya3.swf

    By Blogger bitz, at 12:35 PM  

  • crap. Linkified: Going to Kenya

    By Blogger bitz, at 12:36 PM  

  • I don't know... the Norwegians make a good argument.

    By Blogger Kirk Schmidt, at 1:54 PM  

  • Unfortunately as I'm likely to only be running between my hotel and the UN Compound for most of the 2 weeks I won't be able to take in as much of 'magical kenya' as I would like. If I do get up to anything interesting I'll post about it later.

    Also mc, you'll have to email me at hotmail to tell me all the great stories. We'll probably get to see her up close and personal next week when the ministerial segment begins.

    Cheers,
    P

    By Blogger Patrick, at 11:14 PM  

  • I expect you'll hear about this meeting in the press if only a little over the next two weeks.

    Already in the news
    article here

    Granted, it's not ABOUT the conference so much as Rona Ambrose's hair... but, in there nonetheless

    By Blogger Kirk Schmidt, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home