CommPost

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

BACK FROM KENYA

It was a whirlwind trip, the meetings were reasonable and the weather, although wet was better than here.

As I'm still readjusting to the time shift and trying to deal with a leaky shower a very short review of the trip follows:


Didn't get out as much as I would have liked but I did make it to one national park for a day trip, met about half my grad class (one girl from who lives in kenya, the delegation of lebanon was my buddy youssef, and one of the alberta environment guys was also at the LSE when I was there).

Conference objectives were met, I kept my head down and away from the the higher ups, it was nice to see John Godfrey again, gave the Bloc MP a backhanded compliment and Still had time to talk down a nice extortionist with a badge and a rather large machine gun in the middle of the night... Good times.

Cheers,

P

1 Comments:

  • Wow, a machine gun? I hope you'll tell us more of that story once you're over your jet lag.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home